Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) is one of the leading producers of polymers and high-performance plastics in North America and is part of the global Bayer MaterialScience business with nearly 14,700 employees at 30 sites around the world. Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, electrical and electronics, construction, medical, and sports and leisure industries. R&D We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The primary responsibility of this role is to produce and evaluate foam samples in the laboratory to support flexible foam application development, Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) product quality control, customer technical support, polyol, isocyanate and process research & development programs, and flexible molded and slabstock foam research & development programs.
The incumbent will:
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Producing lab-scale foams, testing of polyols, isocyanates and additives for customer technical programs, process and product research programs and manufacturing support;
- Troubleshooting and maintaining equipment needed for bench foam production and routine foam processing & property evaluation and supporting machine scale-up work;
- Maintaining appropriate logs/notebooks and other records including computer documents utilizing Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs to support project work;
- Provide internet and other information searches as needed for problem solving;
- Performing stoichiometric calculations for foam production using computer programs or hand-calculations;
- Understanding and following EHS, SOPs and Responsible Care rules, regulations and guidelines while maintaining good housekeeping and a safe work environment through participation in safety programs;
- Capable of managing multiple tasks, working effectively with more than one technical supervisor, interfacing with other functions such as manufacturing and research personnel, interfacing directly with customers if needed, and providing timely foam results to assure the quality of products shipped to FFRM customers;
- Make informed judgments about foam quality and processability in order to properly guide the decisions of technologists responsible for customer applications programs, polyol, isocyanate or flexible foam research programs, and assurance of product quality going to customers. Incumbent is also responsible for formulation adjustments to optimize foams to meet customer and industry standards.
- Associate or bachelor†s degree in Science or Engineering Field or equivalent work experience in a laboratory or chemical manufacturing environment;
- Ability to multi-task while working independently with occasional supervision;
- Ability to analyze, critically review, and summarize data in an effective manner;
- Ability to work in a team environment with a group of diverse individuals;
- Basic computer skills † MS Office software;
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment and follow safe work practices including the ability to move 55 gallon drums and wear a respirator;
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written);
- General knowledge of the safe handling of chemicals;
- Knowledge of common laboratory procedures and skill and mechanical aptitude in handling basic laboratory equipment as well as modifying/adapting laboratory equipment for specific development programs.
Note: Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
- Degree in Science or Engineering Field or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years laboratory or chemical manufacturing experience;
- Experience with polyurethane foams formulation and testing;
- Especially preferred † experience with flexible foam formulation and testing.
Bayerjobs.com - 16 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...