Champion Technologies provides solutions for the oil and gas industry like no one else. The reason for our success? Simple. The innovation of our people makes the difference. As one of the largest global oilfield chemical providers, Champion Technologies is helping shape its industry, and helping talented people like you achieve their goal of a productive and rewarding career.
Our talents and capabilities span six continents, but we act as one company. We seek out and use our best practices and systems to deliver consistent results every time. We are driven to be the best - for our customers and the industry. Join us and you will discover your voice, your place, and a world of career opportunities.
Since our founding in 1953, we’ve continually expanded our research & development, manufacturing expertise, and the industry-leading portfolio of products and applications. With regional headquarters and a network of manufacturing facilities around the world, we're everywhere you want to take your career - and wherever our customers need us.
Champion Technologies has an immediate opening for a Laboratory Technician in Fresno, Texas. This currently is a contract opening. The Lab Technician will assist in developing chemical application programs along with new technologies for the refinery process industry. The person is expected to apply his/her technical and mechanical abilities in a laboratory testing environment in order to simulate a variety of refinery process, and conduct tests of Champion's chemical products.
- Operate Champion's Fouling Test Unit (FTU); conduct performance and screening tests at the direction of Senior Scientists.
- Conduct routine maintenance on the FTU
- Assist Senior Scientists in trouble shooting equipment problems and in applying upgrades.
- Obtain training on the operation of Champion's other Fouling Test Equipment and CHPP.
- Cross-train with Champions other refinery technical support personnel.
- Promote and cooperate in health, safety, and environmental initiatives.
- High school diploma.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Refinery process experience is highly desirable.
- Computer Skills, including excel, power point, and word are useful.
- Computer programming skills are a plus.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must work well with others.
- Prior laboratory experience desired.
- Oil & Gas/Chemical industry experience desired.
Champion Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering questions and providing your eSignature.
Champion Technologies produces specialty chemicals and provides services that help oil and gas companies with productivity. Among its...