The Industrial Services division of Intertek Group is a global end-to-end services provider of technical verification, second party auditing, supplier evolution, conformity assessment, asset integrity management, and consulting and system certification. We serve a wide variety of industries, including oil, gas, (petro-) chemical, power, renewable energy, and civil & infrastructure.
The opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Technician to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences, and traditions as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBITLIES
Under moderate supervision, to perform the routine duties necessary to ensure that laboratory services are of the highest quality, and to ensure that such services are provided in a timely, safe, legal, and ethical manner.
- To receive, examine, and record through a log-in process, inbound items for testing.
- To deliver test samples to the sample staging area.
- To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the testing processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to Laboratory Management.
- To prepare samples and quality control specimens, to prepare and standardize reagents and solutions, and to calibrate equipment needed for the testing processes.
- To perform testing of samples and quality control specimens using specified methodology.
- To verify and communicate the results obtained, and to make the appropriate entries into instrument logs, control charts, calibration records, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
- To maintain documentation, equipment, and work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- To assist in the training of less experienced employees.
Intertek offers a culture where motivated and customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
- The Laboratory Technician is expected to have a high school education or equivalent, must have a grasp of basic mathematics, and, in the opinion of the hiring authority, must be trainable in the practical aspects of the job.
- The Laboratory Technician should have a positive attitude, a high tolerance for job pressure and long hours, and the ability for working and communicating with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
Intertek - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...