The Laboratory Technician is responsible for specimen processing, testing and monitoring test performance. The technician must demonstrate competency, as defined in the department’s training program, prior to performing independent testing. This position will work with department management and quality team members to ensure that laboratory activities are defined, documented and completed to support inspection readiness and that compliance is maintained through procedures, training, documentation and continuous improvement projects.
Work Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 4:00 PM to 2:30 AM.
Each employee’s specific job responsibilities are uniquely defined by their individual training plan and assigned duties, but are generally defined as follows:
- Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Following the laboratory’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
- Can serve as a trainer on technical processes within the group.
- Assist in achieving and maintaining laboratory certifications as appropriate
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
- Master’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
- Due to the nature of the tests extensive documentation skills are required
- Requires good attention to detail
- Good communication skills are a must
- Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently
Standing, Lifting up to 20lbs, Pulling and/or Pushing, Carrying, Handling, Finger Dexterity, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Near Acuity, Color Determination, Depth Perception
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MYGN) is a leading molecular diagnostic company making a difference in patient’s lives through to discovery and commercialization of transformative molecular diagnostic products which assess a person’s risk of developing disease and guide treatment decisions and assess risk of disease progression and recurrence. We believe in improving the healthcare management of patients by providing physicians and patients with critical information across multiple medical specialties that addresses unmet medical needs.
With fiscal year 2012 annual revenue of approximately $500 million and over 1,200 employees, Myriad is focusing on strategic initiatives, including new test introductions, companion diagnostics, and international expansion, to take advantage of significant growth opportunities. For more information on Myriad, please visit the Company’s website at: www.myriad.com
Myriad Genetics is an EEO / AAP employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or Veteran status.
At Myriad, we affirm the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected classification. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures.
We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.
Myriad Genetics, Inc. - 20 months ago