NYGC is hiring for a variety of positions. If you are interested in joining our innovative organization and helping it launch and grow, we would like to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com .
We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but team-oriented Laboratory Technician with experience in Next Generation Sequencing.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform day-to-day work on the Sequencing equipment (e.g. Illumina HiSeq2000, cBots);
- Carry out procedures associated with DNA sequencing on the Illumina sequencing platform; including DNA library preparation, sample quantification & preparation, and Sequencer operation;
- Analyze current process procedures and provide feedback for their optimization and improvement, documenting processes, improvements to methods, and troubleshoot assays as needed;
- Perform the quality control of the samples and the raw sequencing data;
- Conduct other laboratory work as needed;
- Bachelors degree in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related field plus laboratory experience in nucleic acid research required;
- One or more years of demonstrated experience with Next Generation Sequencing instruments;
- Solid knowledge of molecular biology equipment and related protocols (including RNA and DNA preparation, RNA and DNA quantification, hybridization, PCR, multiplex amplification and bead-based solutions) highly preferred;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, preferably with Mac OS;
- Previous experience as a technician in a molecular biology laboratory preferred, exposure to bioinformatics is a plus;
- Good general laboratory and organizational skills including the ability to work independently and efficiently are essential;
- Ability to multitask is a must, along with an orientation toward teamwork and cooperation;
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills required.
New York Genome Center - 2 years ago