Phoenix-based SRP, the nation's third-largest public power and water utility, is recruiting Laboratory Technician for its Lab Services Department located in Tempe, AZ.
Provides technical support to water quality laboratory staff by performing microbiological, chemical and physical analyses on water, soil and oil samples and by performing various other tasks relating to the routine operation of
1. Performs microbiological, chemical and physical analyses on water, soil, and oil samples.
2. Assists professional level employees in special studies and investigations.
3. Operations and maintains laboratory instruments and equipment, such as a mercury analyzer or pH meter, as assigned.
4. Participates and assists in the quality assurance and quality control and state and federal laboratory certification programs of the water quality laboratory.
5. Responsible for the completeness, accuracy, records, and reports of analyses and work completed.
6. Participates in the laboratory safety program.
7. Performs other general laboratory duties as needed.
1. Knowledge of basic laboratory analytical methods, instrumentation and terminology.
2. Ability to follow written procedures and to perform multiple tasks.
3. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and report accurately and timely on analyses, field operations and observations encountered as part of work assignments.
4. Ability to analyze data for accuracy and validity.
If interested in this position, please apply on-line at the SRP website www.srpnet.com , Careers at SRP. The job number is V-6182. Excellent benefits package.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
"EOE - SRP encourages workforce diversity.
One of the US's largest government-owned utilities, Salt River Project (SRP) provides Phoenix with two types of currents: electric and...