Theranos is looking for motivated individuals seeking to start their career in a dynamic company. The ideal Laboratory technician candidate wants to be part of a paradigm-shifting company doing innovative work, and seek to gain tremendous personal and career growth. They will perform pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical procedures and will also support the administrative functions of the lab. Candidates must be hard working with unfaltering determination to excel in an intense start-up environment.
- Under supervision will perform laboratory procedures in accordance with standards established in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Process specimens, conduct testing, and report test results with constant attention to detail and excellence in quality.
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Keep a meticulous and organized record of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses.
- Assist with quality control, quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or a related field.
- Experience working in a CLIA-certified laboratory is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to accurately follow SOPs and processes autonomously, consulting with the supervisor when needed.
- Knowledge of basic clinical laboratory skills.
- Able to meticulously track and record precise results while maintaining excellence in quality in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work with self-discipline, good judgment, and independence.
- Technical excellence and attention to quality and detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing start-up company.
- Experience working with high-tech equipment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Our mission is to make actionable health information accessible to people everywhere in the world at the time it matters, enabling early...