JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing Internal Sensory Panel Testing, R&D Shelflife Studies, and assist with benchtop product development, as well as ensuring that R&D labs are in great working conditions at all times.
- Approximately 30%: Work with Sensory Scientists to conduct Internal Sensory Panel testing by scheduling the panels, setting up samples, and preparing for test reports as needed
- Approximately 25%: Manage Shelflife Studies by setting up shelflife study request forms, working with R&D scientists to arrange sample storage, scheduling routine shelflife evaluations, and preparing test reports as needed
- Approximately 25%: Assist R&D Scientists with preparation of pilot plant runs by ensuring adequate ingredients in stock and helping weigh up ingredients as needed
- Approximately 20%: Manage Sensory Labs including working with R&D Scientists to set up kitchen/lab showings, maintaining lab supplies and equipment, and maintaining and calibrating lab equipment (pH meters, scales/balances, CEM, etc.)
Jobs Supervised: None
Education and Experience:
BS in Food Science, Sensory Science, Chemistry or Biology with 2-3 years previous lab experience OR Minimum High School Diploma with 5-10 years previous lab experience required. Lab experience in a sensory lab or food production environment is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Knowledge in Internal Sensory testing
- Basic knowledge of lab equipment
- General knowledge of GLP’s, GMP’s and Food Safety
- Excellent recordkeeping/documentation skills
- Adaptable and flexible with people, situations, workload
- Strong self- motivated role, balancing workload with minimal guidance
- Excellent planning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask
- Able to appropriately deal with confidential information
WORKING ENVIRONMENT : Laboratory
- PC, MS Office, Excel, CompuSense
- General food lab equipment, e.g., balance, scales
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged standing with some sitting, bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and laboratory instrumentation. Requires normal range of hearing and vision (including colors) to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and laboratory results. May be required to lift lab equipment 50 lbs+. Requires exposure to high temperature machines, chemicals, solvents.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
WhiteWave Foods, Inc. - 10 months ago
'Got milk?' WhiteWave Foods has a white mustache alternative. The company is best known for its refrigerated Silk soymilk in the...