We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to join our R&D team. Reporting to the R&D Leader, this individual will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations in the lab. We are looking for strong talent who can grow with the organization and help have a global impact in the biochemical and biofuels industry.
Experience and Education:
- Assist in building a new laboratory, installing and commissioning various analytical instruments.
- Responsible for designing, building and operating laboratory reaction systems as well as specifying and procuring the equipment.
- Perform laboratory experiments; analyze and document the results to assist in research and development.
- Responsible for routine maintenance and calibration and troubleshooting of laboratory analytical instruments.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and associated experiments, data, and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry is preferred; a minimum of a two year degree is required.
- Candidate must have minimum of 5-10 years of lab experience post degree.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of chemistry, chemical engineering and/or physical chemistry principles.
- Experience with analytical equipment required, (e.g. LC, GC, GCMS, LCMS)
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills.
- Background research skills using library, database, and internet related search engines required.
- Working knowledge of general lab operations and fundamental EH&S procedures and principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and needs.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality.
- A self-starter; someone who stays one step ahead, yet ensures that others on the team are not left behind.
- Demonstrated track record of detail orientation, time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to convey key information via written reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability and interest in working in a hands-on environment.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
We offer a competitive total compensation package as well as an environment conducive to personal and professional growth.
- King of Prussia, PA (Philadelphia suburbs); Light travel required.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note the specific role you are applying for in the subject heading of that message).
Renmatix is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for these employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Renmatix via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Renmatix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Renmatix as a result of the referral or through other means. Any questions regarding this policy should be referred to Cameron Ruble, Talent Acquisition Director.
Renmatix is the bridge to renewable materials. Our proprietary Plantrose process is the next step in the evolution of cellulosic sugar...