Job Posting |
Currently seeking a MT or MLT for Dallas, TX!
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs laboratory procedures in all laboratory departments and produces laboratory reports.
• Follows the laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
• Operates all instruments and/or devices both free standing and at desktop levels.
• Recognizes deviations from expected results and follows up appropriately.
• Processes and ships PK samples according to study specific instructions.
• Participates in proficiency testing and maintains a record of on-going competency.
• Performs phlebotomy as needed.
• Participates in the collection of biological specimens. Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of specimens.
• Works with the project team to ensure lab testing meets project requirements. Acts as a team leader to assure quality and completion of testing in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Assumes supervisory duties as assigned and empowered by the lab management.
• Performs appropriate Quality Control procedures and produces reports. Reports the QC results to the Manager and carries out under the direction of the Manager, troubleshooting and corrective actions of questionable or out-of-limit results. Documents all corrective actions and submits them for review by the Manager.
• Operates and utilizes all communications systems available in the laboratory; telephones, copiers, facsimile machines and pagers.
• Maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs minor repairs of all laboratory instrumentation.
• Inventories reagents and supplies to ensure uninterrupted operations.
• Handles hazardous materials, reagents and chemicals in a safe manner in accordance to laboratory policy and procedure.
• Washes laboratory glassware and maintains general laboratory cleanliness.
• Completes special projects.
• Exercises and maintains levels of competence, integrity and interpersonal skills necessary to attain regulatory and quality goals.
• Supports and participates in Corporate and Department initiatives regarding quality system implementation, maintenance, and continuous quality improvement activities.
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
BS or AAS degree in Clinical Laboratory Science with certification with ASCP or AMT as either an MT or MLT
2 - 5 years in a Clinical laboratory
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 16 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...