The Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for performing daily laboratory tests to assist Technical Specialists and Engineers in determining the best approach for Cementing, Acidizing, Fracturing and Coil Tubing service applications.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, maintain, calibrate and operate laboratory equipment and instruments such as viscometers, consistometers, and balance scales, along with other equipment common to the oilfield industry for Fracturing, Cementing, and Acidizing applications.
- Following standardized operating procedures, test solutions and slurries used for applications in acidizing, fracturing, cementing, and coil tubing allowing for safe and effective performance.
- Test idealistic ‘field' conditions to understand the behavior of our products and optimizing their performance.
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist Technical Specialists and Engineers in making qualitative and quantitative analyses and determining the best approach for services to be applied.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses; write test report describing procedures used and prepare graphs and charts to document results.
- Conduct water analyses for fracturing and cementing to verify conformity to standards.
- Conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products.
- Organize and maintain informational databases relevant to each of the service lines we provide.
- Maintain level of supplies for laboratory and applicable field personnel.
- Assist in training Field Engineers in Training and new Laboratory Technicians.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- 4 year degree in Chemistry, or related field, or equivalent experience in a related field (i.e. Lab Technician, Fluid Tech, Quality Control)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, judgment and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills- verbal and written
- Ability to work a 5 days on, 2 days off schedule and rotating on-call shifts
- Exceptional computer skills; must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Oil & Gas Experience preferred
Sanjel Corporation - 23 months ago