Growing and well-respected biomedical (clinical, basic and applied) research firm has openings at WRAIR . If you are passionate about research, and are looking for a firm that shares your passion, and provides competitive salaries with a strong benefits package, join the ClinicalRM team.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory and Specimen Manager for the Silver Spring, Maryland area.
a. Recognize position is within a clinical setting, with ethical and HIPAA-like requirements. Additionally, ICH GCP guidelines, FDA and military regulations and applicable state laws are in practice.
b. Prepare and/or assist in the design and update of CTC SOPs and various study documents.
c. Perform other duties as required and assigned.
d. Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position.
2. Phlebotomy / Specimen Related:
a. Promote and maintain laboratory functions per applicable regulations, policies, clinic SOPs; assign functions as needed.
b. Perform phlebotomy and specimen collections using standard techniques and universal precautions for approved research protocols.
c. Receive and/or assist in collection of other types of samples (e.g. stool, urine, nasal swabs).
d. Prepare and/or assist with maintenance of the specimen storage database.
e. Maintain inventories of specimen collection material, in conjunction with other DCT staff.
f. Assist study nurses in site preparation and required logistics for clinical study execution.
g. Prepare, package and ship clinical specimens as needed.
h. Provide technical assistance to CRM Headquarters as needed.
i. Provide all job-related progress reports/technical reports as requested.
3. Assist with volunteer recruitment: direct contact with the public; in person, by phone or electronically, regarding studies conducted within the WRAIR CTC.
1. At least 1 year as a certified phlebotomist with experience in specimen processing, shipping, and archiving. Receive applicable IATA training/certification within six months of orientation.
2. Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting.
3. Must have excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills.
4. Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching and prolonged periods of sitting and or standing.
5. Incumbent may be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.
6. Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational and business needs.
7. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; knowledge of applicable highly complex scientific procedures and techniques relating to position.
8. Physical Capabilities: work may involve long periods of standing and handling of numerous chemicals and/or hazardous biological material.
9. Work Environment: laboratory environment; may require working evenings and weekends.
10. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex scientific/office procedures and techniques relating to position.
11. Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM’s contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
“NorthCoast 99” Best Places to Work recipient
ClinicalRM is a Contract Research Organization supporting government and commercial clinical research for biologics, drugs, and devices.