Under direct supervision, performs a variety of unskilled to semi-skilled manual labor tasks.
Examples of Duties:
• Digs holes with manual or automatic digging tools;
• Operates dirt compactor on a relief basis;
• Serves as a crew member engaged in cemetery, parks, and landscaping maintenance work;
• Performs limited skilled maintenance and repairs on various buildings, structures, and facilities;
• Assists with loading and unloading supplies and materials related to maintenance and construction projects;
• Performs limited cleaning and janitorial duties;
• Assists other employees as needed with tools and equipment;
• Drives light duty truck as needed;
• Performs limited skilled maintenance, carpentry, painting, and masonry tasks as needed;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Ability to read and write sufficiently to complete required tasks (high school diploma or GED preferred); and
• Six months of manual labor experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in area of assigned work;
• work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with assigned work area
• perform heavy manual labor over extended periods of time in a variety of weather conditions;
• learn operating details and procedures involved in performing a variety of manual tasks;
• cooperate as a member of a work crew;
• understand and follow oral instructions;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
Valid North Carolina driver's license
City of Greenville, NC - 15 months ago
Greenville, NC is the 10th largest city in the state of North Carolina and the home of East Carolina University! Located halfway between the...