The foundation of Adolfson & Peterson Construction is our people. Adolfson & Peterson Construction serves owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality. We combine more than sixty years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. As one of the nation’s top 50 general contractors, we are constantly looking for experienced Laborers to help us achieve our company goals. |
We encourage you to add your resume to our system for future hiring considerations in our Minnesota region. Qualified candidates will be contacted as new team members are needed.
Thank you for your interest in Adolfson & Peterson Construction!
The role of the Laborer is to assist in moving and installing material for masons in the daily process of construction.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Dig, spread, level dirt and gravel, using shovel, pick and bobcat. Measure distances from grade stakes, drive stakes and stretch tight line.
- Supply tools and materials to different areas of the work site as directed by the trades. Plan ahead and request materials needed for production. Operate a pallet jack and a partner saw. Signal operators of equipment to facilitate movement of material.
- Clean tools, equipment, materials and work site on a daily basis. Mix mortar and grout. Mop, brush or spread compounds over surfaces for protection or to seal. Rub joints in masonry walls.
- Erect and dismantle scaffold following company safety guidelines.
- Comply and take responsibility to ensure all company safety requirements and policies are met.
- Assure that workmanship is of the highest quality.
Job Requirements :
- High school or equivalent
- Able to see and recognize hazards, and follow verbal or hand signaled directions
- Completed (or in the process of) an apprenticeship program or equivalent training
- Progressive responsibilities in the areas of field knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated ability to proactively resolve construction issues
- Ability to work in a cooperative, team environment
- Self-starter with ability to set own goals and tasks