Austin Powder is seeking Laborers in the Eastern CT area.
- This individual will be required to handle our products while complying with all MSHA/OSHA regulations.
- Individual will maintain a safe working environment in compliance with all regulations and company policies.
- The individual must possess the ability to read and interpret product bulletins, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, and the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age.
- Repetitive lifting of 40-60 lbs. units.
- Must meet requirements of all State and Federal explosive laws
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Austin Powder has the original boom box. The company was founded in 1833 to manufacture black powder used to blast rocks, mine coal, create canals, and generally move mountains. Today Austin Powder's commercial explosives are used primarily for construction, mining, quarrying, and seismic exploration. Products include detonating cord, detonator-sensitive emulsions, cast boosters, and high-explosive emulsions. It also makes electric and non-electric detonators. Austin International, through joint ventures and partnerships, provides explosives for projects outside the US, mostly in other parts of the Americas.
Indeed - 20 months ago
In 1833, America was emerging as a vibrant, growing country with virtually boundless energy and a manifest destiny. The Erie Canal, in...