This is a semi-skilled manual position in the general labor pool. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following general areas: grounds-keeping tasks, including mowing, lawn and shrubbery installation and maintenance, construction support, set-up/tear-down for campus events, operation of equipment for various tasks, such as snow removal and leaf collection, moving of materials, furniture, and supplies, lifting up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis, and other tasks relating to the operation of the Bucknell Campus. The immediate supervisor is the Labor Crew Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Use small hand tools and small grounds machines.
2. Must be able to perform work relating to trades and work with skilled trades personnel such as carpenters, plumbers, electricians, power house, painters, etc.
3. From time to time must do custodial and other duties of this nature.
4. Perform related work as required to carry out University and student-related programs for set-up/tear-down for University facilities and grounds.
5. Perform without the direct aid of a supervisor, carry on a routine project, and help to direct other laborers if so directed by a supervisor.
6. Perform such work as mowing grass; trimming trees and shrubs; weeding flower beds; preparing seed beds; planting trees and shrubs; lining playing fields; plowing and shoveling snow; operating power hand tools; operating equipment, trucks & buses; moving furniture and other equipment
7. Perform basic maintenance on fleet vehicles, such as washing, vacuuming, and oil changes.
8. Perform work in a safe and appropriate manner.
9. Follow policies and procedures as outlined in the Support Staff Handbook.
10. Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. High School diploma, GED, or vocational school diploma.
2. Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
1. One year of experience as a laborer, including the use of tools and equipment used in maintenance/construction or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
1. A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Class 3 operator's license and pesticide license.
2. Must have the ability to perform such work as mowing grass, trimming trees and shrubs, weeding flower beds, preparing seed beds, planting trees and shrubs, lining playing fields, plowing and shoveling snow, operating power hand tools, operating equipment, trucks & buses, moving furniture and other equipment.
3. Ability to work evenings and weekends as required. Must work overtime when emergencies exist, or when special programs require it.
4. Appearance must be neat and clean.
5. Must be able to communicate and work effectively with coworkers, students, and other staff members.
6. Must be willing to work with other employees and use helpers effectively.
7. Post offer drug screening will be conducted.
8. Driving history background check to be conducted.
9. Background check will be conducted.
Basic knowledge of computer operation including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets and email programs.
Must lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis.
Must be able to climb and work from ladders, roofs, and scaffolding.
Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bucknell University, an equal opportunity employer, believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who will be committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body. We welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education.
Bucknell University - 19 months ago