Pennsy Supply Inc
Job Requisition ID: 33656
Job Type: Laborer
Work Time: Regular
State: Pennsylvania (US-PA)
Postal/Zip Code: 18801
Would you enjoy working for an industry leader? Are you being challenged in your current position? Look no further, Pennsy Supply has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Maintain dust suppression system.
- Check temperature on crusher.
- Electrical duties.
- Observe belts for breakdowns.
- Shoveling and hosing around the plant.
- Operate Bobcat to scoop up left over material around the plant.
- Drive dump dust truck around the quarry.
- Assist in repair and maintenance of the plant.
- Measure distance from grade stakes, drives stakes and stretches tight line
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement
- Shovels, rakes, spreads and levels earth, aggregates and hot asphalt mix to fine grade specifications
- Drives pick-up, flat-bed and stake body trucks
- Loads, unloads and carries tools, equipment and materials
- Directs and controls traffic flow
- Directs and communicates with dump and lute personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Current driver’s license.
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations.
What Oldcastle offers you
- High school Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years experience preferred.
- CDL and flagger certification helpful
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits as well company provided disability and life insurance
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
About Pennsy Supply
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the Oldcastle family in 1993. With being a part of the Oldcastle family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! Are you up for the challenge of joining our team? We invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Oldcastle Materials!
Pennsy Supply Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Pennsy Supply Inc is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 16 months ago
- 2 hours ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...