Are you our next Laborer?
We are currently seeking a Laborer for our Savage, MN location. The Laborer will be key in loading trucks and rail cars, the unloading of barges, housekeeping throughout the facility and miscellaneous tasks.
What will you do?
- Fills or empties equipment and containers by starting or stopping conveyors, screeners or elevators, or shoveling liquid or solid materials. Operates computer to weigh product and load trucks and railcars. Loads railcars and trucks by reading and communicating order information and directing equipment movement. Transports materials, using hand truck, forklift or loader.
- Cleans equipment using brooms, brushes or scrapers. Cleans work areas. Maintains landscaping around plant area. Housekeeping as needed.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment requiring the use of lock out tag out procedure and confined space entry.
- Removing and placing the covers on a barge involving going up and down ladders and walking on a floating barge. Operates skid steer for cleaning and track mobile for moving rail cars. Closes and seals railcars for loading. Collects samples for cars and trucks being loaded.
- Other job-related duties as needed.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Prior experience with heavy equipment operation preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Willing to learn new computer software. Good computer skills needed.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work frequently outdoors, exposed to varying temperatures, lift 25-50 lbs unassisted and regularly, climb stairs and work at various heights, distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns, or materials, use fine hand motor skills, work rotating shifts and overtime as required, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces, hear with or without correction, see with or without correction, read, write and understand basic English.
- Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, and functional capacity examination.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions. Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The Mosaic Company (Mosaic) is a producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients for the global agriculture...