Location of Position: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Title of Position: Laborer
Job Details/Description: Primary responsibility is performing maintenance at his/her property in accordance with company standards. The purpose of this position is to help ensure that the appearance and the physical condition of the property satisfy ownership and management objectives. This position will assist the flooring Change of Occupancy Maintenance Team.
- Performs resident work orders, such as maintaining grounds of industrial, commercial, or public property such as buildings, camp and picnic grounds, parks, structures, and equipment, performing one or more tasks: cutting grass, using mowers, blowers, trimmers, pressure washers, and pruners.
- Assists all workers as necessary to facilitate job completion.
- May clean comfort stations, offices, and workshop areas, parking lots and other work sites as necessary.
- Performs site work orders, including but not limited to, changing light bulbs, shoveling snow, shampooing carpets, repairing doors, laying mulch, and doing spring cleaning of the grounds.
- Performs preventative maintenance, following specific company instructions concerning how to complete work, including but not limited to, cleaning pumps, changing air filters, flushing out hot water tanks.
- When required, responsible for being available to respond to emergencies, such as snow storms, floods, fires, and inclement weather.
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment and supplies in as clean and neat condition as possible and for informing the Manager of equipment and supply requirements.
- Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, visitors, and other employees.
- Wears prescribed uniform at all times during work hours
- Promote and practice incident-injury free (IIF) and sustainability
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand, walk, use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single grasp motions.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 60 pounds and move objects in excess of 100 pounds.
- Must have the abilities to load and unload trucks safely, climb and carry ladders, and travel by personal or company automobile to work location or to other designations as required.
- Must be able to work alone or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to deal with others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Schedule : Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Position may include Saturday and Sunday schedules. Position may include overtime if necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year related experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with numbers and figures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Acceptable background check.
- Must pass the pre – employment drug test.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
Over the last three decades, WinnResidential and its affiliates have met every challenge encountered, demonstrating to clients and residents...