The Laboratory Manager is responsible to coordinate and optimize the operation of a particular laboratory functional area. This manager is also responsible to allocate lab resources to cross functional teams, provide scientific leadership in the interpretation and gathering of scientific data, and acts as the supervisor of the section, unit or group involving responsibility for results in terms of cost, methods and personnel. This manager has full accountability for the performance of the lab team.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the personnel to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and as specified.
- Manage personnel to meet overall lab objectives.
- Direct supervisor of lab area with full responsibility for results, costs and methods
- Ensures the quality and integrity of scientific evidence throughout the research and development process
- Develops research plans including design of experiments, test protocols and timelines
- Interface with internal and external customers and vendors to meet demand.
- Plan and define continuing education requirements in anticipation of future technologies.
- Define, plan and coordinate the activities of an laboratory group, outside of day-to-day responsibilities, to meet both short and long term goals as dictated by Director level personnel.
- Develop and support the team to ensure we maintain a technical competitive advantage and that people are being challenged and developed to their full potential.
- Continually reduce turnaround time of samples and development of new solutions.
- Ensure a smooth development of new technologies
- Lead the development of new technologies using innovative ideas to grow product portfolio.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Compiles and reviews relevant literature as it pertains to current projects. Authors research papers for submission to scientific conferences and journals.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Project Management proven skills - multi site/global
- Data driven individual
- Attention to detail
- Maintain a "find a way" attitude
- Candidate must have strong leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate with a variety of individuals and mentor others
- Masters Degree in Technical, Science or Engineering field is required
- 5+ years supervisory experience in a laboratory environment
- 7+ years lab experience in a materials science oriented laboratory and with related laboratory equipment and testing (i.e. chemical, rubber, plastics, polymers, composite materials, etc.)
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 30+ days ago