The Intelligent Infrastructure Lab
within HP Labs, Palo Alto, is currently seeking to hire researchers to work on:
Nanophotonic technology and its impact on next generation computing systems. Systems and architectures for emerging non-volatile memory technologies. Design of next-generation server/blade architectures with a special focus on cost and power. Platforms for next-generation data-centric data centers. Parallel programming for scalable services.
The Social Computing Research Group
The candidate will work in the Social Computing Group designing compelling interfaces for the visual display of information. An interaction designer or HCI researcher with a design background who has significant facility in visual and design communication, and/or information visualization is desired.
The candidate will contribute to our on-going effort at designing novel mechanisms for distributed information systems, as well as research at the intersection of social behavior and information technology.
Printing and Content Delivery Lab within HP Labs
, Palo Alto, is currently seeking to hire researchers to work on:
- Track / trace / provenance and inference
- Identity management across multiple devices, avatars and services
- Machine learning, data mining, computer vision, and composition in support of content publishing services
- Analysis of multimedia and other content, modeling of user consumption patterns, and composition of disparate content into integrated publications
- Development of new systems and technologies that address challenges in digital content publishing, taking advantage of cloud storage and computing capabilities as well as existing web
The Sustainable Ecosystems Research group (SERg)
- Digital document fulfillment workflow automation and simulation
- Color management and texture rendering for remote soft proofing
- Mechanical engineering / physics of advanced printing process for digital commercial print
- Organic chemistry of high-performance inks / materials for digital commercial print
SERg is seeking a candidate with subset(s) of the following skills, to work on defining a blueprint for the infrastructure of future 'sustainable cities':
systems, and advanced metering infrastructure / meter data management);
- Energy Systems Modeling and Management, particularly for Smart Grid applications (including micro-grids, renewable power, energy storage, demand response and control, energy management
- Information Management, especially related to IT infrastructure and analytics for structured and unstructured 'big data' problems;
- Thermal Management, particularly around building modeling, facilities management, and control of large-scale HVAC systems;
- Statistics and Optimization, including complex network models, graphical models, or operations research;
- Environmental Policy and Economics, including topics related to externality modeling, damage functions and valuation methods, lifecycle analysis, risk assessment, incentive design, and behavioral
The Mobile & Immersive Lab
The Mobile & Immersive Experience Lab (MIX Lab) within HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA, is seeking highly qualified researchers to work on exciting problems in next-generation mobile devices, applications, services, and experiences. Research areas of interest include novel sensors and sensor algorithms; mobile multimedia; augmented reality; mobile applications and frameworks; client/cloud processing and services; Internet-scale multimedia cloud computing; and multi-device coordination and collaboration. The goal is to create highly innovative mobile devices, applications, cloud services, and new user experiences.
The MIX Lab is also looking for highly qualified researchers to develop immersive environments supporting novel forms of interaction and communication. Research areas of interest include 3D video and audio acquisition, processing, compression, transport, and rendering; computer vision; graphics; multimedia networking; and human-computer interaction.
The Networks Lab
We seek candidates working on a doctoral degree in Computer Science, or Electrical and Computer Engineering with a strong background in communication networks and systems research. We aim for fundamental as well as applied research that advances the state-of-the art while driving significant business impact. We are looking for candidates who have a strong interest in getting their research innovations into the real world through the products and services of the world's largest IT company.
Our research areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
Hold a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- Wireless and sensor networks
- Seamless mobility
- Networking enabling technologies
- Experience with real deployments, testbeds, datasets and network hardware is a plus
Strong record in research in networking and communications
Proven research record with strong publications
Excellent research and programming skills
Ability to work independently and in teams.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Services Research Lab
The SRL within HP Labs, Palo Alto, is seeking researchers or visiting scholars interested in all aspects of technology that can enable the next generation of services.
We are developing the next generation of technologies and solutions that can bring highly personalized experiences to consumers and unprecedented operational efficiencies to businesses. We take interdisciplinary approaches in computer science, machine learning/data mining, economics, statistics, marketing science, and industrial engineering/operations research. We are interested in exciting problems that relate to enterprise 2.0, distributed enterprise services, the use of analytics in services, and vertical service domains such as healthcare and transportation. Some of the areas of interest to our lab include:
The Information Analytics Lab
- Mechanisms for collaboration within enterprises.
- Management of social and human focused processes within enterprises.
- Flexible business processes, process automation, and process monitoring.
- Marketing analytics for customer response, churn and retention.
- Customer analytics, recommendation systems, and personalization.
- Advanced analytics in auction design for strategic sourcing contracts and RFQ process design.
- Design and pricing of warranties and post-sales services.
- Models for workforce planning in technology-intensive services.
- Tools and technologies to improve efficiency and user experience in services such as healthcare and transportation.
- Data and security management in cloud-based healthcare services.
- Use of structured and unstructured data to solve enterprise problems.
- Design and development of scalable service applications and platforms that process large data sets.
- Deployment of service applications and platforms to cloud environments.
The Storage and Information Management Lab
- Real time analytics over extreme-scale, structured and unstructured, stored and streaming data
- Event based systems and complex event processing, time-series and event stream data mining
- Text analytics, graph data mining, and social media mining
- Visual analytics
- Implications of multi-core, parallel co-processors, and flash devices on data management and analytics
- Large-scale data warehousing and business intelligence (data integration, query optimization, workload management)
- Application of real-time, extreme-scale analytics to innovative solutions, especially in bio-informatics, financial services, transportation, and Web 2.0 contexts.
- Cloud storage and compute systems
- data intensive storage and computer systems
- distributed systems
- file systems design
Current registration in a PhD program in a relevant field (computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, statistics, etc.).
Demonstrated ability to generate, frame, and carry out research (for example, via papers published in top-tier conferences or journals).
Ability to work independently and in teams. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong mathematical grounding and a desire to learn new techniques and apply them to problem solving.
Excellent software systems building skills a plus.
California-San Jose-California - Palo Alto
HP - 9 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...