Work Schedule: FT Days
Position Summary and Job Responsibilities:
- To provide our community with the resources to assist them in preparing for labor and delivery and beyond. This includes promoting public awareness of care and safety guidelines for infants and children.
- The position requires educating the public, as well as the medical and professional community related to the benefits of breastfeeding the newborn.
- The educator will participate in community outreach programs and instruct special classes for our teenage population.
- The educator will instruct patient education classes for expectant mothers and their families in a variety of settings.
- Classes to include prepared childbirth, refresher, cesarean delivery, breastfeeding, sibling, infant care and infant safety.
- The educator will also see all breastfeeding mothers while in the hospital to assess and offer support.
- The educator will work closely with labor and delivery, postpartum, nursery and the neonatal intensive care unit, as well as, communicate to the physician when a medical indication exists that may impact the breastfeeding dyad.
- The educator will teach in a community setting at local high schools and community centers.
- The educator will offer support to our patients postnatally with follow-up phone calls and refer to the physician when a problem exists.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Texas.
- Childbirth education certification, breastfeeding certification or degree in related field.
- One (1) to two (2) years experience in teaching childbirth and breastfeeding or working in Obstetrics
HCA North Texas - 2 years ago
With 11 world-class hospitals, 13 outpatient surgical and imaging service centers and 4 Free Standing Provider Based Emergency Departments...