Want to join a growing NATIONAL company?
Want to be a part of a successful TEAM?
Then Meritage Homes is the RIGHT choice for you!
Meritage Homes is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MTH and is currently the 9th largest homebuilder in the nation. Meritage has been listed among Forbes’ Best Managed Companies in America and the “Fortune 1000" largest corporations in America. Meritage Homes is known for award winning designs, enduring quality, and commitment to excellence at an exceptional value. And, as part of our Meritage Green initiative, we are the only national builder to be energy star qualified for every home we build.
Get Meritage Proud - the American Dream built responsibly to help protect the environment and save our homebuyers' energy dollars. Let us tell you why now is a great time to join the Meritage Homes team and lay the foundation for a fulfilling and rewarding career!
What the position involves for YOU:
· Manage plan approvals and utility company designs to align with and meet project timelines for delivery of units including in bidding, contracting, and subcontractor coordination
· Maintain oversight of multiple projects within the division throughout all phases of community development to verify quality of work and progress.
· Assign projects to and oversee the work of planning, engineering, survey and legal consultants.
· Continuously develop and implement systems/processes that will improve operational quality and efficiency of the Land Department
· Ensure job files for each project and other project activity are complete and accurate including updated land development schedules. Review field-to-office reports, attend meetings w/engineers, municipalities, and subcontractors, as needed
· Prepare bid spreads and contract documents for review with Director of Land
· Develop and manage preliminary/feasibility and development budgets and continually review all accounting for all active communities
· Perform final take-offs and establish final budgets based on city approved civil plans. Establish and maintain Land Development Budgets on all projects
· Assist in plot plan review on "Special Lot Conditions" and provide efficient and timely response to the field for any necessary lot modification affecting vertical home construction
· Oversee resolution of entitlement problems and conditions prior to and during development and build-out of community
· Review engineering estimates and work directly with engineers and municipalities in the implementation of all civil plans
· Coordinate house plotting for lot fit and utility locations. Assist with the phasing to determine model location and production starts
· Meet with and provide information to Home Owner Associations; coordinate acceptance on all HOA Common Areas. Including release of assurance from municipalities and / or HOA
· Assist Director of Land/ Land Development to resolve problems and issues that could potentially affect project budgets and/or project schedules
· Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine liabilities of potential acquisitions
· Review and approve quarterly land reports. Daily contact with field personnel, engineers, subcontractors, inspectors, utility companies, government agencies/officials, and all levels of employees in multiple departments. Secondary/Associated Responsibilities
· Compile market information provided by research and consultants for strategic and feasibility use
· Special projects and assignments, frequent and ongoing
Preferred team members will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or, eight (8) years associated land development experience in the homebuilding industry
- Five (5) years experience in homebuilding and land development. A portion of this experience can be accumulated as a subcontractor, but must have strong supervisory experience in that trade.
- Two (2) years of management/supervisory experience in land development, in the homebuilding industry
- Experience with engineering firm or city planning preferred but not required
- Strong Computer skills; proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Proficient use project scheduling software such as Microsoft Project, preferred
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, land surveys, subdivision plats and technical reports
- Ability to create/implement work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans
- Strong Oral/Written Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- High degree of professionalism; ability to communicate with confidence and tact
- Effective negotiation skills; ability to influence others in a positive manner
- Position requires the ability to manage conflict and resolve problems professionally
- Ability to handle the stress of dealing with trades and changing circumstances
- Must be a good manager of people and company assets
- Sound judgment with a high level of integrity to make good decisions; often under time pressures
- Accurate; with attention to detail while staying clearly focused on the big picture
- Self directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems; can work with minimal oversight
- Analytical; with the ability to give, receive, analyze information, and interpret complex issues in order to determine the root problem and make effective decisions to bring the issue to a successful conclusion
- Highly organized and flexible; with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, often with frequent interruptions and changing circumstances, in a high-volume fast-paced work environment