Dewberry is currently seeking an Land Planner to join our site/civil department in our Lanham, MD office to work on a variety of projects for clients within the commercial and government sector. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals, and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve site/civil design for residential, mixed-use, commercial and industrial site development, and capital improvement projects.
- Prepare layout studies, yield studies, and parking studies for commercial/residential
- Prepare development plans to support Rezoning and/or Special Exception applications
- Working on design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans.
- May also conduct code research, write specifications, and coordinate permitting
- Site/civil development including grading design
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Previous internship experience.
- Strong freehand illustration and rendering skills
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, Illustrator,
GIS/ArcView and Power Point.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft office is required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Portfolio or work samples will be required if considered for an interview.
*Dewberry is an equal opportunity employer
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor new applicants for work authorization.