The Land Representative Sr. position is responsible for the negotiation and acquisition of land and property rights for capital construction projects involving new or the expansion of existing pipelines and facilities. This position will research and prepare land-related contracts, develop project-specific land acquisition plans, manage 3rd party land services providers, and coordinate land activities with engineering, survey, permitting and construction contractors. Key responsibilities include:
- Timely acquisition & securing of property rights as required in support of all Engineering & Construction – West projects.
- Tracking and reporting land acquisition progress to key stakeholders.
- Effective post-project transition of land records and property rights to Midstream franchise operations.
- Contributing ROW expertise to assist ROW Process Owner on new asset due diligence and purchase.
- Bachelor Degree with a major in related fields such as land management, geography, business or public administration, etc. A law degree or an SR/WA designation is desirable
- 6-8 years minimum experience in related areas of right-of-way or land functions, including direct acquisition and damage settlements of mainline construction experience.
- Contract preparation experience
- Successful completion of at least 2 approved IRWA courses or other comparable courses
- Strong computer skills with word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling and database applications in a Microsoft Windows environment
- General knowledge of Midstream’s business strategies, particularly in the Gulf Coast and western U.S.