Morris Surveying Engineering, an established engineering and surveying firm located in Santa Fe, NM for 22 years, seeking experienced land surveyor.
The primary job elements include but are not limited to:
- Pre-field research and calculations.
- Manage, direct, and perform boundary, topographic, engineering design, property, geodetic, and construction surveys.
- Utilize various equipment (GPS, Robotic Total Station) for acquisition of data for Boundary, Topographic and other surveys.
- Field and office QA of surveys and topographic maps.
- Preparation of survey plats and drawings, using Trimble CAD software.
- Ensuring all necessary and required information is acquired in the field and included on survey.
- Customer relations.
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor preferred.
- Or, Land Surveyor-In-Training with at least 5 years surveying experience.
- Or, Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering with 5 years surveying experience.
- Technical knowledge of Mapping and Field Surveying.
- Proficient with Trimble equipment and CAD software.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight trips.
- Project management skills, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in required field techniques to perform the following with little or no supervision:
1. Boundary/ALTA Surveys
- Ability to search, locate and acquire data for relevant monumentation.
- Understanding of levels of importance in locating site improvements.
2. Topography/Engineering/Utility Surveys
- Understanding of DTMs and importance of data collection concepts as part of process for generation of surface modeling.
- Acquisition of site features, including hard and soft, and above and below ground site improvements.
- Establish control network for efficient use of future phases of a project.
Position is available immediately. This position is part time, with full time opportunity dependent on skill set of individual. Salary is DOE.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Morris Surveying Engineering (MSE) has provided quality professional surveying and engineering services throughout Santa Fe County and New...