Primary Objective: Under general supervision: Initiates and prepares various forms of leases on different types of property interests. Orders title review and obtains curative material as requested. Assists landmen with responding to questions from other working interest owners or royalty interest owners. Revises working interests and royalty interests based on deeds, assignments, transfers, judgments and decrees furnished by lessors or working interest owners. Reviews land files to determine ownership interest in company lands. Assists in well proposals and regulatory-permitting matters. Responds to third party inquiries. Assists in acquisition and divestiture due diligence. Researches NRI’s, JOA's, JV Agreements and other land documents regarding contractual obligations and/or depth restrictions. Prepares assignments and various other land documents.
Major Functions & Scope:
· Provides administrative support to Landmen and Corporate Land Supervisor by preparing correspondence, documents, and developing schedules and reports.
· Reviews and prepares briefs of Oil and Gas contracts and leases to ensure completeness, accuracy and validity of lease/agreement.
· Prepares curative documents, JOA’s, Assignments using Forms-on-a-Disk software and Word 2010.
· Prepares Excel spreadsheets.
· Maintains department files (electronic and paper).
· Performs other related duties and/or special projects as required
Education & Knowledge: Some college or trade school.
Experience: 3-5 years of Administrative Experience in Oil & Gas preferred
Competencies: Understanding of standard deed, oil and gas industry agreements, real estate transactional procedures, closing documents and procedures, titles, and surveys. Good analytical and problem solving abilities. Ability to research information. Effective written and oral communication skills. Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy. Computer skills; word processing and spreadsheet software capabilities. Work well under pressure, meeting deadlines consistently. Ability to work within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Strong math and basic accounting skills. Technical Skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Excalibur, Forms-on-a-Disk.
EXCO Resources - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard