We are currently seeking a Landfill Intern to work at our Front Range Landfill located in Erie, CO.
Responsibilities Include: .
- Scheduling employees and equipment to facilitate task completion.
- Assists in monitoring budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Interacts with landfill customers and County officials to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
- Interacts with State and local agencies to insure efficient and effective compliance with rules and regulations.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". EOE
- 4 year degree mandatory (preferably in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or other related field) or be working towards a degree in a related field.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...