East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta Georgia, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Landscape Gardener .
East Central Regional Hospital is a state operated facility with two campuses, Augusta and Gracewood.
The Augusta campus is a psychiatric hospital that provides care to people with severe and persistent mental illness. The Augusta campus also provides Forensic services. There are treatment units and malls, activity areas, administrative and support buildings on a 310 acre campus.
The Gracewood campus is an ICF/MR and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) that provides care and services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Gracewood consists of living areas, activity areas, administrative and support buildings spread over a 420 acre campus.
Job Description, Responsibilities, Standards, and Qualifications
Maintains grounds in an attractive and orderly condition by trimming lawns, removing leaves and debris, and other related duties. Operates and maintains grounds equipment as necessary.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Cares for established lawns
- Decorates gardens with stones and plants
- Disposes of trash and debris
- Hauls or spreads topsoil, and spreads straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place
- Makes improvements to walks, lanes, sheds, and benches, including painting and minor repairs
- Mixes and sprays or spreads fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders
- Mows and edges lawns, using power mowers and edgers
- Plants seeds, bulbs, foliage and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools
- Provides preventive maintenance pertaining to grounds area and/or state cemeteries or park facilities
- Knowledge of different grasses and their requirements for fertilizer, water, and weed control.
- Ability to identify stress on lawn and take corrective actions.
- Knowledge of groundskeeping and simple horticulture practices.
- Ability to inspect equipment before use and ensure equipment is in good repair and operating correctly.
- Ability to make improvements and minor repairs to walks, lanes, parking lots, sheds, and benches.
Valid driver's license
- Experience performing residential/commercial landscaping duties such as trimming, edging, mulching, planting and gardening.
- Must have experience using powered lawn equipment such as mowers, weed-eaters, leaf blowers and edgers.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- As a lead worker this positions also evaluates ground conditions and determines appropriate methods to remove the growth of grass, plants and other vegetation.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of facility grounds and directs groundskeepers with all tasks associated with landscaping, and associated care and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 7 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia .
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta . Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta .
Georgia DBHDD - 8 months ago
- 1 day ago