The person in this position would be required to operate equipment such as, but is not limited to, zero turn and walk behindmowers; utility vehicles; blowers; edgers; sand bunker rakes; sod cutters; flymo; spreaders; rollers; hand, pushand cart sprayers; weed eaters; hedge & string trimmer, and other equipment. Principle duties include: flowerbedmaintenance, equipment operation; restroom cleaning and light janitorial duties; picking up debris; landscape andclubhouse maintenance tasks such as: weeding; raking; mulching; shoveling and digging; trimming; pesticideapplications (Round Up) fertilizer applications including fertilizing shrubs and ground cover, and other duties asassigned and typically found in landscape maintenance operations. The person in this position must be able to getalong well with employees, customers, clients and management and represent OSL&G in a positive light. Theemployee will perform most duties in a combination for outside work and a typical office environment. The noiselevel in the office environment is usually quiet; employee will experience noise/vibrations outside. Job requiresemployee to perform duties at a company site; working alone and closely with others, in excessive heat &humidity, occasional cold; with exposure to chemicals, solvents, detergents, cleaners, fumes, smoke, gases; willwalk on uneven surfaces and operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
1. Operate various equipment and use hand tools typical to the landscape and horticulture maintenance field.
2. Basic knowledge of landscape and horticulture maintenance methods, practices and equipment.
3. Perform equipment operation and other maintenance tasks according to established safety and risk management practices.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires the following physical capabilities: standing, walking, lifting, pushing and pulling, bending, squatting, reaching, working in warm and cold weather, hand/eye coordination, ability to distinguish colors, vision. Must be able to safely operate equipment and use tools typically found in landscape maintenance operations.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. If asked to drive, must possess a valid Class “A” State of Florida Drivers License and have a clean MVR.
2. Must pass a drug screening test and be eligible to legally work in the US. All positions require passing a police background and criminal record check.
3. Must be able to work independently and with other co-workers. Must be very self-motivated.
4. Must have reliable transportation to work.
5. High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal duties.
6. Knowledge of and ability to follow established safety and risk management procedures and practices.
7. Must keep immediate Supervisor informed at all times.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM (NYSE:ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.0 billion and 118,000 employees in over 300...