We are searching for a Landscape Maintenance Technician for Palms of Kilani Apartments, our 106 unit community nestled in Wahiawa between North Shore and West Oahu. In brief summary, we are looking for a Landscape Maintenance Technician with a great attitude and willingness to be a supportive team member. The Landscape Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining curb appeal through careful upkeep of the outside of the property. In addition, the Landscape Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining all exterior areas of the community, including stairwells, sidewalks, dumpster areas and parking lots, keeping them in a clean and litter free condition. Successful applicants will have great attention to detail, be self‐motivated, and have a strong work ethic. The schedule will be Sunday through Thursday. Please note that weekends are required.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mowing and weed eating all grounds throughout property.
- Tree trimming as needed.
- Patrols grounds daily for removal of litter and clean entryways and stairwells, paying special attention to , areas in front of leasing office, models, and mail areas.
- Sweeps and blows off all sidewalks, walkways, parking areas, garages and dumpster areas using a leaf blower, or power washer
- Makes exterior community repairs as directed by Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintains a clean BBQ and Pool area
- Responsible for exterior appearance of buildings, reporting any broken/missing lights or other issues to Maintenance staff
- Responsible for everyday Maintenance and landscape of flower beds, rock beds, bushes, trees and shrubs
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of irrigation systems.
- Clean gutters on roof from debris.
- Maintains dumpster areas clear from overflowing or surrounding debris.
- Spiffs vacant long standing units and property signage.
- Other tasks as requested by management.
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proven experience or training in aspects of job requirements
- Experience in operating a riding lawn mower and operating other landscape tools and equipment
- Experience handling leaf blowers and other landscaping equipment safely a plus
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of various hand tools
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment)
- Ability to handle a physically demanding and heavy work load well
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment
- Ability to accept direction and be part of a team
- Ability to communicate respectfully with all residents
- Ability to learn and comply with all safety rules, including wearing of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as necessary
- Frequently exposed to extreme variation in temperature and/or humidity
- Frequent bending at the neck/waist, kneeling, and climbing
- Repetitive reaching above/below waist
- Constant oral communication with coworkers and residents
- Alternates frequently between walking and standing, with occasional sitting
- Occasionally drives company vehicles, with permission from Community Manager
- Frequently walks on uneven ground
- Frequently carries/lifts loads of 50+ lbs, occasionally carries/lifts loads of up to 150 lbs with assistance from coworkers
- Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc.
Carmel Partners - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard