Individual contributor responsible for the overall management, business development, analysis and monitoring of a highly complex book of Large Property business. Recognized as a technical expert in National Accounts Property underwriting specialty, including Wind and Terrorism strategies.
Under general management direction, works within broad limits of authority on assignments requiring a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. May have regional, industry segment or company-wide scope.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Works on highly complex underwriting risks employing diagnostic and systematic analysis to assess acceptability. Develops specialized endorsement language for highly complex risk.
2. Determines appropriate pricing of complex risks for assigned book of business based on financial and competitive analysis in line with compliance requirements and with little oversight needed from superiors.
3. Makes recommendations on underwriting policy and pricing strategy.
4. Analyzes quality, quantity, and profitability of highly complex risks underwritten; prepares and presents reports to management.
5. Markets products and services through agencies or through the brokerage community and makes field visits.
6. Develops and maintains agency and/or broker relationships with large producers within the assigned territory to reach positive and profitable outcomes on complex, high-risk business.
7. Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends. May participate in industry trade groups.
8. Mentors and guides less experienced underwriters and assists in the development of underwriting training.
9. Utilizes advanced functionality in relevant CNA systems to perform day-to-day activities.
10. Responsible for special underwriting projects and presentations.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced technical expertise, underwriting skill and high level of knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles, practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
3. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software essential, with Excel strength vital to this position.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum eight years Large Propety underwriting experience. Knowledge of national accounts property essential, with established relationships with NYC area brokers/agents highly preferred.
United States-New York-New York
CNA Insurance - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
More than one million businesses and professionals count on CNA for thoughtful solutions, solid products and dedicated services. From main...