Laser Scan Technician – |
The Industrial Services division of Intertek Group is a global end-to-end services provider of technical verification, second party auditing, supplier evaluation, conformity assessment, asset integrity management, consulting and system certification. We serve a wide variety of industries, including oil, gas, (petro-) chemical, power, renewable energy and civil & infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBITLIES
This position is responsible for Setting up and running Laser Scanner properly in remote locations around the world with the goal of capturing data that our clients specify.
- Able to pass basic and site specific training for all job sites
- Setting up and running a Laser Scanner
- Selecting an area to place the scanner in order to gather the best 3D coverage possible
- Able to understand what a client wants to capture
- Able to read and understand drawings
- May have to work in extreme temperatures/environments
- Convert scan files from raw format to filtered format
- Convert survey from feet to meters and make control file
- Combing surveys from multiple trips to the same jobsite
- Register scans to create point cloud model using LFM Modeler
- Use of Microsoft Office to compile daily reports
- Use of Microsoft to compile daily reports
- Have an understanding and know how of AutoCad and other 3D programs
- Able to learn and comprehend new programs at a fast pace
- Educational Requirement
- 3-5 Years of Experience Requirement
- Task Specific Requirement
- Candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and meet fixed deadlines on a timely basis, and have the ability to work both as an individual contributor and within a team environment.
- Candidate must be a highly organized individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive travelling in required
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Able to work overtime if needed
- Computer literate
- Able to work weekends
- Work well under pressure and understands deadlines
- Good organizational skills
- Able to pass drug screen
- Able to lift 40lbs or more
- Able to acquire a passport for travelling
- Knowledge of scanning software and hardware
- Knowledge of surveying practices
- Skill to use computers and various software packages (including AutoCad and Microsoft Office)
- Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives without supervision
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details.
Intertek offers a culture where motivated and customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, 100% tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...