9:30 – 5:30
U.S. Lateral Recruiting Manager
Guided by department objectives and priorities, manages ongoing lateral attorney recruiting, including recruiting processes and related client service developments, candidate support and assistance, collaboration with search firms and on-boarding. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of the position.
1. Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
2. Ensure exemplary client service to all internal and external clients; proactively promote client service throughout department and among teams; respond to peer requests with recognition that request serves a client or Firm need.
General Recruiting and Hiring
1. Under the direction of the U.S. Lateral Recruiting Manager, works independently and with other members of the Attorney Recruiting team to implement diversity plans for attorney recruiting that support Firm’s objectives.
2. Applying knowledge, reviews and screens resumes and applications; check references of select applicants; distribute paperwork of qualified applicants to appropriate parties; maintain applicant files.
3. Under the limited direction of the U.S. Lateral Recruiting Manager, establish strong relationships with prospective hires to ensure substantive, ongoing contact with the Firm, and to promote desired acceptance rates. Provide ongoing applicant communications, guidance, informational and policy assistance, etc.
4. Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients including attorneys, staff, school Career Services Counselors, outside agencies, other recruiters, etc.
5. Responsible for the preparation of all relevant PeopleSoft notices and other documentation for new hires; proactively ensure that all necessary departments and parties are informed/notified to facilitate new hires arrival and orientation.
6. Substantively participate in firm wide recruiting meetings and committees.
Lateral Recruiting and Hiring
1. Under the limited direction of the U.S. Lateral Recruiting Manager, responsible for all aspects of lateral associate recruitment including: establishing client service objectives; developing initiatives and processes; maintaining strong relationships with internal and external clients including, attorneys and staff, outside agencies, other recruiters, etc; coordinating attorney recruiting Diversity Plans that support Firm objectives.
2. Responsible for communicating with Office Practice Group Heads to determine lateral associate hiring needs.
3. Responsible for educating search firms on active job openings and hiring needs, practice group background and firm culture.
4. In collaboration with the U.S. Lateral Recruiting Manager, assists in the development of talent pipelines and strategic recruitment plans for high demand practice groups.
5. Facilitates the approval and posting processes for positions, including coordinating with practice groups to develop job descriptions, obtaining approval for new positions from the Department Chairs, writing newspaper advertisements, and contacting agencies.
6. Responsible for facilitating the candidate application process and adjusting for efficiency and timeliness including: screening and reviewing resumes, using independent judgment and sound understanding of practice needs and standards; checking references of select applicants; Coordinating applicant performance evaluations; routing resumes; scheduling interviews; greeting candidates; tracking candidate evaluations and offers; maintaining applicant files.
7. Responsible for the tracking of lateral recruiting expenses and assist in the preparation of the annual recruiting budget. Responsible for processing various payments and reimbursements.
8. Responsible for the recruitment and coordination of patent agents and contract attorney hiring.
1. Applies knowledge to manage the candidate application process, including facilitating background checks, reference checking, completion of risk management forms and conflicts questionnaires. Facilitate processes to resolve conflicts of interest issues that arise.
2. Responsible for the ongoing applicant communications and follow-up on offers. Answer applicant questions regarding benefits, compensation, start date, moving and relocation, stipends, bar review courses, etc.
Collaboration with Non-Firm Recruiters
1. Maintains close working relationships with search firms regarding recruiting needs, candidate interviews, etc.
2. In collaboration with the U.S. Lateral Recruiting Manager, may negotiate contracts with search firms and recruiting agencies. Assist with the maintenance of the vendor database.
Coordination of Lateral New Hire Processes and Orientation
1. Responsible for the preparation of offer letters for selected lateral associates and provide follow-up with candidates who have been offered employment. Track and compile statistics of interviews, offers made, rejections, offers declined and all other lateral recruiting records.
2. Responsible for the preparation of all relevant PeopleSoft notices and other documentation for new hires; oversees that all necessary departments and parties are informed/notified to facilitate new hires arrival and orientation.
3. Facilitates and/or coordinates lateral hire and fall associate arrival and orientation; Review orientation material to ensure it is current; recommend updates as appropriate; assist in production of new lateral attorney orientation materials.
Data Technology, Tracking and Reporting
1. Responsible for the overall data management of all applicant records in PeopleSoft.
2. Monitors and tracks key recruiting data; and compiles statistics of attorney new hire data; develops reports upon request.
3. Responsible for the daily management and tracking of lateral costs; responsible for maintaining appropriate cost controls to ensure budget is met and is appropriately allocated. May assist or independently manage the lateral recruiting expenses and assist in the preparation of the annual recruiting budget.
1. Remain current in industry trends in attorney recruiting and the legal profession.
2. Ensure expertise in relevant technology; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
Safeguard and keep confidential any information, observations, or viewpoints regarding Firm and client business matters.
Adhere to the Firm’s General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree plus 3-4 years of recruiting experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
1. High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to external and internal client constituencies.
2. Excellent writing skills; ability to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
3. Strong interactive skills and the ability to succeed in a teamwork environment.
4. Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
5. Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product.
6. Ability to assess information, anticipates issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
7. Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively, and work independently.
8. High comfort level with sometimes stressful client requirements.
9. Skill to assess issues and needs and to provide responsive solutions.
How to Apply
Only Online Applications will be considered. You will receive a confirmation of your application via email. No phone calls please.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Morrison & Foerster is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Morrison & Foerster hires the candidate.
Morrison & Foerster LLP
425 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Morrison & Foerster - 18 months ago