Position Summary: The primary objective of this role is to increase brand awareness and positioning in Latin America by leading a team that includes in-house resources, regional distributors, sales reps and licensees. This role is responsible for the overall management of the marketing efforts including strategy, budget, and execution in a variety of marketing efforts from print advertising, digital and social marketing, public relations, event activation, and the development / management of team riders.
Essential functions, main responsibilities
Desired Education and/or Experience & Competencies
- Build and execute seasonal marketing strategies based off a combination of utilizing global seasonal campaigns tailored to specific Latin American needs.
- Work with creative and sales teams to ensure development of territory specific campaign imagery, which include seasonal advertising, in-store, event imagery and digital needs.
- Act as the eyes and ears of Industry movements in Latin America. Help to build a better understanding of the Latin American Market, able to report on where we are placed within the Latin American markets.
- Ensure that regional programs adhere to Volcom global direction and standards.
- Develop, manage, and maximize all PR opportunities for Latin America.
- Leverage and maximize regional content within Latin American community through all marketing channels.
- Accountable for building, aligning and managing yearly marketing budget.
- Ensure licensees and distributors are investing in marketing per their contractual agreements and allocating their dollars effectively.
- Responsible for team management of Latin American athletes in conjunction with internal surf, skate, snow VP’s.
- Support athletes at relevant events and happenings in US.
- Build and post up-to-date happenings on team. Including but not limited to: contest results, videos, awards and editorial.
- Maintain relationships with action sport magazines and media outlets to promote inclusion of team riders in applicable trips and editorial features.
- Manage territory specific print and digital advertising budgets.
- Negotiate and execute yearly media buys & added value.
- Maintain and build relationships with key media.
- Product Placement with Latin American print and social publications.
- Accountable for managing all social presence for Latin America social channels. Including but not limited to: posts of content promoting athletes, ambassadors and seasonal product for Latin America.
- Create and execute promotional contests on social sites to create fan interaction.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the internal marketing teams on all Latin America specific marketing needs and the regional adaptation.
- Develop and manage Volcom’s L.T.K.R.F contest series for surf, skate and snow programs.
- Coordinate and manage surf, skate and snow seasonal tours and demos.
- Coordinate Retail events at the local level along side our Latin Sales teams. Store Openings, Athlete Autograph Signings.
- Develop and manage local and regional art, music, gathering and events.
- Directly work with Volcom Sales Marketing (VSM), distributors and reps providing tools to service each territory.
- Manage POP and In-store imagery. Oversee all imagery requests per retailer and region.
- Work directly with Latin American distributors to ensure they are using the correct imagery and branding in their territories as well as help select advertising that is more relevant to their territories and media outlets.
o Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote (Keynote preferred)
- Must have an excellent understanding of the Action Sports Industry and specifically how it relates to the Latin American market
- At least 3-5 years of Marketing experience, preferably in the action sports market
- Must identify and understand the Volcom brand and its heritage
- Must be bilingual in English/Spanish; written and verbal fluency required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Deadline & budget-oriented/conscious
- IT Skills:
o Social Networks –Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Word Press
o Web browsing
o Digital photo / content management skills required
o Photoshop is a plus
o Final cut or video editing is plus
Volcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volcom says it's "youth against establishment," however, this establishment is firmly on the side of youth -- those...