The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is currently seeking an intern for its Latin America and Caribbean Division in Washington, D.C. The intern will assist the division with several tasks associated with the management of current programs and development of new ones in judicial reform, legal education reform and anti-human trafficking. The internship provides an excellent opportunity to learn about ABA ROLI and the workings of an international non-governmental organization.
- Monitoring political and economic developments in the region;
- Drafting outreach articles and developing promotional materials;
- Assisting in the development and operation of programs;
- Corresponding with and handling requests of ABA ROLI representatives overseas;
- Assisting in grant proposal development;
- Providing administrative support to the division.
- Graduate or undergraduate student with relevant background;
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
- A background in international development and/or legal issues in Latin America and the Caribbean is highly desirable;
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese and/or French is preferred.
Global Jobs - 12 months ago