A) EDUCATION AND TRAINING:|
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Six months experience in an institutional laundry preferred.
D) SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions.
Ability to operate commercial laundry equipment.
Good manual dexterity and motor skills.
Basic math skills.
Maintains the soiled laundry pick-up schedules and ensures an even flow of soiled linen to the washroom. Transports trash to the dumpsite as needed.
2.Sorts and loads washers, and follows the appropriate temperature and load requirements for washing.
3.Selects and loads washers, uses the proper formula for the type of linen being washed. Records type of linen washed and time loaded, count and delivery as required per established department guidelines and work standards.
4.Transfers wet linens to dryers and sets dryer on correct temperature for linens being dried. Delivers clean linens to linen room and/or residents rooms in the appropriate time frame allotted.
5. Checks resident articles for proper identification and marks personal items as necessary. Sorts personal items according to resident room, delivers and puts away resident personal items in a timely manner.
6. Maintains resident list with proper names and room numbers to ensure proper delivery of personal items in a timely manner.
7. Inspects laundry equipment for necessary maintenance and safety and makes repairs or completes a maintenance work request for areas of concern. Maintains cleanliness of laundry room, carts and assigned area, meeting minimum safety/cleanliness standards 100% of the time.
8. Assists in the care and maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies. Keeps work area clean and neat. Reports equipment malfunctions to Coordinator 100% of the time.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
LaundryAiderev1207.pdf - 45.91 KB
- Apply / Submit Resume Online
Bethesda Health Group - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard