Operates laundry machines, iron, and dryers to provide clean linens, toweling, cleaning rags, table rags, table linens, restaurant towels for the Resort.
- Sorts and weighs incoming laundry according to established criteria and procedures.
- Pre-treats stains and washes laundry using machinery, equipment, detergents, fabric softeners and other laundry aids.
- Counts and sorts outside linen from motels.
- Dry and folds toweling, blankets, comforters and pre-dry linens for proper ironing.
- Press and iron all sheets, pillowcases and table linens. Hang white linens on hangers. Distributes all hotel linens to proper linen closets.
- Monitors machines and equipment to detect and report malfunctions to supervisor.
- Cleans floors and machinery at the end of the shift, maintaining a clean work area.
- Due to nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both verbal and written, when applicable. Makes sure that communications are clear, concise, complete and accurate.
- Displays behavior that enhances the image of the resort as evidenced by professional and courteous behavior towards all customers including co-workers.
- Fosters a sense of teamwork and collaboration within the department and property by demonstrating respect for others judgement and capabilities, and gives praise/recognition to those who earn it.
- Willingly accepts suggestions for improvement and takes the instructions without defensiveness and strives to correct the situation. Provides constructive input to foster process improvement within the department.
- Maintains confidential information that is received in verbal, written, and electronic media. Limits access to information on a job-related, need-to-know basis.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- 6 months to 1 year experience in a laundry or a service operation required.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, interpersonal, and customer relation’s skills
- Able to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to obtain a Class I Gaming License
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance at all times. (Specific Standards available)
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 11 months ago