General Summary of Duties :
Attend to the cleaning process of the hotel linen to ensure a clean hotel.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Vertically and horizontally move bundles/bales of soiled or clean linen weighing up to 80 pounds. Horizontally move linen carts weighing up to three hundred pounds. Ability to differentiate between clean, fresh, dry, or mildewed, soiled, and damp linen.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in the laundry room of the hotel. Use and exposure to cleaning solvents and chemicals. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Operate washing, drying equipment, and towel folder load and unload from machines.
2. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry accounting to product specifications
3. Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen
4. Perform and maintain inventories of linens as required.
5. Organize and stock linen storage room with surplus linen.
6. Monitor information on washers, make sure all drums are full.
7. Report any irregularities to immediate supervisor
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
9. Participate in monthly linen inventories.
10. Folding, ironing, pressing linen, and assist with chutes when needed.
11. Operate air compressor to blow clean machine equipment
12. Treat stains with approved stain removal chemicals
13. Able to perform minor repair on robes/linen
14. Remove lint and debris from dryer screens, dry cleaning filters and drain trap after each load
15. Clean all dryers every 2 loads and wash empty drums and prepare then: to be ,..ick up for recycle
16. Shaking out all linen that needs to be processed
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
1. Working knowledge of the use of laundry chemicals and different formulas.
2. Ability to prioritize and organize work
3. Ability to lift, bend, stop, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time
4. Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 80 pounds
5. Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic requests
6. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include early morning, evening, night and weekends shifts
7. Must be able to work with a variety of cleaning chemicals
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
9. Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
10. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and /or move more than 100 pounds. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
High school education or equivalent.
Previous relevant experience preferred.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- 2 years ago - save job