House Attendant / Laundry Attendant / Public Area Attendant
Supervisors, Lead Houseman
December 1, 2008
Responsible for delivery of all Housekeeping related requests. Responsible for the pick up and delivery of resort, spa and restaurant linens. Responsible for the delivery of amenities or other items needed by guests and Housekeeping employees. Responsible for the upkeep and cleaning of public areas, administrative offices, decks, patios, bars, restaurants, meeting rooms, restrooms, driveways, parking lots, and all other guest and service areas of the resort that may be assigned from time to time. Responsible for the pick up and delivery of guest laundry. Responsible for the restocking of all Housekeeping closets and carts. Responsible housekeeping storage closets, including closets in the residences.Responsible for receiving, storing and restocking supplies. Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of floors, carpets, and windows. Responsible for assisting other members of the department as needed.
Basic Qualifications Requirements:
1. Minimum of one year of housekeeping resort experience in a luxury resort environment.
2. The ability to communicate basic resort language with the guests.
3. Must have a professional, neat appearance and good personal hygiene.
4. Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighting 50 pounds of more; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
5. The ability to adjust workload pace according to demands.
6. Ability to work alone and assists other employees with their duties as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to follow payroll and key signing procedures.
2. Ability to read and understand the work report/assignment sheet.
3. Ability to perform cleaning duties in assigned areas, vacuuming carpets, spotting/shampooing carpets, dusting, polishing metals and furniture, cleaning windows and woodwork. Clean and dust chandeliers, mirrors. Remove marks from walls. Strip, seal, wax and polish floors. Perform restoration of stone surfaces.
4. Ability to move and exchange or add furniture in guest suites and public areas, lobbies and patios at the discretion of supervisors and managers.
5. Ability to pick up trash and soiled linens, and sort them. Take to designated areas.
6. Ability to replace burnt light bulbs.
7. Ability to operate Housekeeping and Laundry equipment according to instructions and safety guidelines.
8. Ability to provide Room Attendants with supplies and offer assistance as needed.
9. Ability to report any damaged equipment or other assets immediately.
10. Ability to deliver towels to pool, fitness room, and spa. Ability to stock and maintain inventories.
11. Ability to mark inventories to send out and delivered stocks.
12. Ability to offer assistance to guests when needed.
13. Ability to maintain public and employee restrooms clean, neat, and fully stocked.
14. Ability to deliver guest requests and pick-ups in a timely and professional manner.
15. Ability to constantly patrol public areas, hallways, stairwell, elevators, and assigned service areas to ensure the utmost cleanliness standards.
16. Ability to dust all high and low areas, including armoires, moldings, beams, display cases, ornate ironwork, sconces, and high lighting.
17. Ability to clean and polish all metal, glass, and mirror surfaces.
18. Ability to maintain all ashtrays clean and stocked, urns cleaned and sifted.
19. Ability to remove trash from public areas and patios.
20. Ability to maintain all wood and glass surfaces free of spots, smudges, and prints.
21. Ability to report any damage or repairs needed in assigned areas.
22. Ability to immediately return all Lost & Found items to the Housekeeping Office.
23. Ability to assume possession of resort master keys during shift and keep them secure.
24. Ability to observe uniform and dress code standards on a daily basis.
25. Ability to offer assistance to guests.
26. Ability to respond properly to any resort emergency and safety situations.
27. Ability to pick up and deliver guest laundry orders with accuracy and in a timely fashion.
28. Ability to maintain all floor surfaces well-swept, vacuumed and polished at all times.
29. Ability to perform inventory duties as needed.
30. Ability to work additional shift and/or additional hours as requested.
31. Ability to attend department meetings as scheduled.
32. Ability to work in a team environment and treat guests and peers fairly, professionally, and without discrimination.
33. Ability to perform all other duties as required and/or requested by the Executive Housekeeper, Supervisors, and/or other members of the Resort Management Team.
Pacific Hospitality - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard