Responsible for supervising the cleanliness and maintenance of hotel uniforms, hotel linen, and terry as well as guest and contracted vendors clothing items. Responsible for reporting maintenance needs of the laundry equipment. Ensures that the laundry staff is well trained and supervised.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards. respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs,
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use cleaning chemicals according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Monitor usage of chemicals and water to maximize consumption.
- Separate soiled bed linen/terry/food and beverage table linens; bundle and document amounts of each bundle.
- Sort all stained/damaged items and determine status for rewash or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard items.
- Remove all debris on floors after each sorting.
- Weigh each bundle of soiled items; place designated weights in the laundry machines.
- Operate all laundry machines and add designated chemicals in accordance with specified amounts, times and temperatures for the particular articles to be washed.
- Remove washed articles from the washing machine when the cycle is complete. Inspect cleanliness and place in clean linen carts.
- Transport cart of washed linen to dryers and place in dryers according to load size. Set dryers to designated times and temperatures for the particular articles to be dried.
- Remove articles from dryer when cycle is complete and place in clean linen cart. Transport cart to proper work area for finishing.
- Operate the ironing and folder machines. Check the cleanliness and condition of articles while processing through the machines; separate damaged/stained articles.
- Fold cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size. Place stacks in specified areas for distribution.
- Issue clean table linens and service towels/rags to Food and Beverage personnel.
- Document and process guest requests for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing of garments, hotel uniforms and designated management garments.
- Operate dry cleaning equipment and use specified chemicals. Process and finish garments according to garment labels.
- Separate stained/damaged hotel uniforms and determine status for repair, re-cleaning or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard uniforms.
- Place finished dry cleaning garments in designated areas for distribution.
- Maintain accurate poundage records of dry cleaning and laundry.
- Report faulty equipment, damaged garments/linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems to supervisor.
- Remove lint and debris from dryer filters and change filters.
- Transport trash containers to dumpster; empty and clean accordingly. Adhere to recycling procedures.
- Breakdown and clean work areas/equipment.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean laundry room floor.
- Restock work areas for next shift as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hcareers.com - 24 months ago