Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of clean linen and pickup of all soiled linen while following all D.O.T. regulations and JCAHO guidelines for handling of clean and soiled linen.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Responsible for maintaining truck in top operating condition.
Responsible for keeping truck clean inside and out.
Load and unload truck in a safe and efficient manner.
Provide all customers with a high level of service and meet their needs on a consistent basis.
Maintain good communication between customers and laundry management.
Assist in laundry as needed
Maintain all required documents, gas credit cards, and invoices in a responsible manner ensuring proper delivery to appropriate person.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Must possess a valid drivers license, however, a CDL is desirable. High School graduate or equivalent preferred. Ability to follow / understand verbal communications and written procedures. Possess good working relationship with coworkers and customers. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and comprehend English.
Long periods of driving truck, climbing in and out of truck cab followed by extended periods of loading and unloading linen carts that can weigh up to 800 maximum. Heavy work- exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals and hazard material. Also requires wearing common protective or safety equipment. Must have good balance and be able to stoop, kneel, reach, feel, talk, hear, and see.
Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
DCH Health System - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -
As a community-owned, not-for-profit organization, DCH Health System is committed to providing quality health care services to all residents...