SUMMARY: This is a closely supervised position responsible for supplying St. Agnes Healthcare with patient care and specialty linens. Industrial laundry procedures and practices are the basis for the daily function of this position. Requires flexibility in scheduling over several standard shifts plus rotation to weekends and holidays. This position will require the associate to wear appropriate uniforms and, when necessary, protective clothing.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Ascension Health Core Values, St. Agnes policies/ procedures and applicable civil laws. Is accountable for efficient use of resources and support of the St. Agnes mission.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs routine laundry tasks such as, folding, weighing, loading and unloading, ironing and pressing linens.
2. Performs daily linen inventory counts of ancillary areas and nursing unit linen carts and records those counts on appropriate count sheets.
3. Transports linen carts to all assigned hospital campus areas.
4. Assists with the training of new associates as directed by Lead associates.
5. Operates all laundry equipment that the associate has been trained to operate, in a safe and productive manner.
6. Practices safe infection control techniques when handling soiled linen.
7. Changes patient area curtains and drapes as directed by a Lead associate.
8. Interacts in an appropriate and helpful manner with all co-workers and Laundry customers.
Other than computer: Ability to operate Small Piece Folder, Industrial Dryers, Ironer, Feeders, Tunnel Washer, Pony Washer, 600# Washer, Presser, Exchange Carts.
Routine office equipment, Sterile garb, masks, and gloves (powder free) when required
Saint Agnes Hospital - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard