Gain valuable Legal experience at a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance's Legal Department is now hiring for its ten-week Summer Law Clerk Program for 2013. Our Home Office Legal Department is the equivalent of a mid-sized law firm, with specialists in labor, compliance, investments, litigation, and several insurance practice areas, including personal, life, commercial and insurance coverage. Our Summer Law Clerk Program provides motivated law students the opportunity to work closely with industry specialists on both day to day matters and diverse and challenging projects. As part of the Summer Law Clerk Program, clerks are assigned both a mentor and a designated feedback provider and are exposed to all aspects of the intersection of law and business at Liberty Mutual through a weekly speaker series. Our Law Clerks also have the opportunity to participate in our award winning pro bono program. Positions are full-time (37.5 hours per week). We are looking for capable applicants between their second and third years of law school with excellent academic credentials and strong writing skills.
WRITING SAMPLE REQUIRED
- Performs legal research utilizing both written and electronic sources.
- Assists attorneys in brief and opinion writing. Prepares draft memos.
- Gathers and compiles facts and relevant case information. Drafts pleadings and motions.
- Assists attorneys in preparing for depositions and trials.
- Completion of second year of law school.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Liberty Mutual - 2 years ago
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and...