Provide assistance and research to the Legal Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Assist with National Governing Body and athlete issues
2. Draft and revise contracts
3. Support measures to protect the USOC’s intellectual property
4. Provide assistance and research on general corporate legal questions
5. Assist USOC lawyers in carrying out the duties and functions of the Legal Department
Select at least 2 special projects & specific responsibilities:
Assist with trademark infringements
Review and provide guidance on issues pertaining to upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games, Pan American and Parapan American Games.
- Standard Office Equipment
- Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
- Proficiency with internet search capabilities and use of telecommunications equipment, fax machine, copier
- This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Office environment in multi-story building on multi-building site
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Juris Doctrate degree program. Second year students preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook.
- Proficient in on-line legal research ( e.g . Lexis Nexis, Westlaw)
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Sport experience preferred ( i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports).
- Must be eligible to work in the USA.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Superior writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- Willingness to participate in the full Intern Program
United States Olympic Committee - 17 months ago
Friendship, solidarity, and fair play are the watchwords for this sports organization. United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is the...