Compile a title inventory of all print publications owned by the firm;
Inventory all electronic resources licenses and contracts and set-up a system that creates notification;
Weed the collection of all superseded or discontinued titles now on the shelves for review and make a decision to re-integrating the books into the active collection or keep them segregated;
Update, edit or newly create catalog records to reflect the active and historical collections;
Create and affix new or amended spine labels with library classification numbers to the remaining collections;
Physically reorganize the collection to reflect the classification schema.
- Previous experience working in a library is required; working in a law firm library is highly desired/preferred;
- Previous experience in collection management, shelving, shifting and weeding collections;
- Previous experience working in an ILS system and library catalog; experience using InMagic preferred;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- The ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail;
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Access and Excel is desired;
- The ability to lift and move materials approximately 25 – 40 lbs. in weight.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.
Library Associates - 12 months ago