GLG is seeking entrepreneurial Sales Associates with passion, enthusiasm, and hunger to help us grow our Law Firm client segment in the U.S. The Law Sales Associate will be responsible for prospecting and pitching leads and cultivating relationships with lawyers at existing GLG clients through cold calling and e-mail outreach. The successful candidate must be comfortable communicating with Partners and Associates at law firms by phone to evangelize GLGs services and create excitement about the GLG value proposition. Law Sales Associates help identify opportunities for GLG to provide expert search support for litigation matters. The position will require close collaboration with our Research team on potential projects, and over time, we expect Law Sales Associates to grow into managing their own portfolio and revenue line for key accounts.
The Law Sales Associate will:
• Engage Attorneys at existing and prospective client firms in order to articulate GLG's brand and tailor our value proposition;
• "Map" client organizations to identify potential new buyers/users of GLG's services and promoters within;
• Prospect new GLG users;
• Execute on account growth objectives in consultation with head of sales; and
• Push out new product, service, and pricing initiatives to clients and collect customer feedback on those initiatives.
Key performance metrics for this position will include number of expert witness project opportunities discovered, client revenue, new subscriber revenues, and number of active users of GLG’s services at client firms. The Law Sales Associate will be responsible for establishing relationships with clients telephonically as well as in person. This person will report to the Manager of the Law Firm Sales team.
- 1-3 years of outbound cold calling experience.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with executives at client companies/law firms.
- Energetic team player with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues.
- Proficiency with contact managements programs or CRM
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree required, J.D. or equivalent education and/or experience is a plus.
- Legal products and/or services experience preferred.
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (GLG), founded more than ten years ago, began developing a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, our company has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry. Today we connect hundreds of thousands of outstanding professionals and academics to each other through two distinct yet complementary platforms: GLG Research and HighTable.
GLG Research partners with investment firms, corporations and professional services firms that need targeted, on-demand expertise to help improve decision-making. GLG Research provides professional services and sophisticated web-based compliance systems to help our clients connect
to the most relevant experts while managing potential conflicts.
HighTable is our social business community for the world's most active and influential professionals, academics and entrepreneurs. Launched in the late second quarter of 2011, HighTable provides a platform
to start new conversations, ask important questions and propose ideas online and at in-person meetings.
GLG is headquartered in New York with 19 offices globally and over 700 employees. The company is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners and Silver Lake Partners. For more information about GLG, please visit www.gersonlehrmangroup.com .
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Gerson Lehrman Group - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard