This position performs application development and application integration work necessary for delivery of robust, scalable, and stable applications and systems. Incumbent will lead multiple projects, design sound application architecture, and drive data structure and application-required core services design and work with appropriate resources. Incumbent will foster innovation and support iterative and agile implementation throughout application development practice.
- Deliver robust, scalable and stable applications, to meet the following expectations
- Robust â€“ Applications will be capable of optimal operation under significant load, and code design and development will
- Have 90% test coverage in developed code
- Undergo peer review for compliance with coding standards
- Have appropriate error-handling and reporting of abnormalities as well notifications in appropriate logs and to user interface
- Comply with disaster recovery and business continuity requirements and best-practice as set by PSCU-ITS enterprise standards
- Result in intuitive, easy to follow, and informative end-user experience
- Undergo A/B testing around robustness metrics to identify winning pattern and architecture
- Developed code has high degree of object orientation so that changes made do not lead to extensive need of changes throughout the multi-tier application
- Growing amount of usage volume does not degrade expected application performance
- Developed application is capable of increase total throughput via hardware expansion and deployment of multi-instance of application
- Developed code leads to minimal long-term technical debt; Technical debt defined as poor-evolving software, which can include, but is not limited to end-of-life frameworks, design patterns, ailing architecture, poor object orientation, and lack of appropriate re-usability in software stack
- Developed code is highly re-usable through adoption of service architecture, canonical components, and PSCU-ITS Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) governance
- Stable â€“ developed code/applications will:
- Undergo established change management process (process flow and supportive artifacts) for deployment and delivery
- Contain application level mechanisms for 'health check' to report upon connectivity and applicable major functions
- Undergo positive and negative unit testing as well as accompany artifact of test results
- Align to requirements and specifications detailed in Business Requirements, Functional Design, and Tech Design
- Result in near zero early-life failure, based on factors of failure caused directly by developed code
- Take into consideration all possible permutation of business logic surrounding each functional requirement
- Take into consideration total PSCU-ITS technology ecosystem (hardware, application servers, production support, change management, enterprise architecture & platforms, SDLC etc.) during development and testing of code
- Provide final approval on developed code
- Foster mentoring & coaching to achieve optimum level of Performance and Software Craftsmanship
- Foster innovation to improve on existing challenges and realize new opportunities
- Support iterative and agile implementation throughout application development practice
- Work as a hands-on partner with Oversight, SOA governance, ESB, and other ITS groups around enterprise directions/standards (platforms, software stack, implementations)
- Serve as lead on multiple projects, plan simultaneous tasks for sprint, and enforce standards across application architecture, frameworks, design pattern, testing, etc.
- Design sound application architecture per standards and be accountable to applicable artifacts around technical design, technical training artifacts, production support handoff checklists and related artifacts
- Drive data structure design and work with database group to optimize and implement; drive application-required core services design work with ESB development group
Individuals with a disability who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job may request a reasonable accommodation through the Human Resources department.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds
- Stay up-to-date on diverse industry technologies and software that can directly or indirectly apply to PSCU business model, and play hands-on development role in implementing such technologies and software
- Develop and govern highly efficient coding standards and software development processes that align to PSCU SDLC
- Manage and deliver work in project development, mentoring, hands-on coaching, application architectural design, and innovation
- Engage with technology centric user community internal and external to PSCU and be abreast on trends and technologies
- Possess knowledge of and continuously drive towards innovation centric projects or technologies through POC and demonstrative implementations
- Engage with technology centric user community internal and external to PSCU, and remain abreast of trends and technologies
- Manage time towards effort estimation needs of projects/initiative in pipeline prior to implementations phase as well as be accountable to higher confidence accurate LOE during implementation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Masters in Information Systems preferred. Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or related technology field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Technologies: TOGAF certification preferred, In-depth knowledge of implementation in ITIL preferred.
Java technologies (application frameworks, web services, design patterns, etc.) stack expertise required. Expertise in hand-on implementation of Load Testing, Automated build and testing tools, Middleware solutions required. Experience in integration with numerous finance mainframe systems preferred.
Experience: Six (6) years relevant work experience in Application Development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
PSCU IS A DRUG AND TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE
- Demonstrate behavior based on PSCU values: Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Passion and Trust
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in making decisions
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet computer software applications
- Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of materials handled
- Ability to be flexible and work under high pressure in a complex environment
PSCU - 10 months ago
Since 1977, PSCU has been a leading provider of traditional and online financial services to credit unions. Today, we represent more than...