In this position candidate will lead 3-5 individuals in a small operation, with a hands on approach. Perform and supervise all production functions under Particle Technology manufacturing, including: preliminary, WIP, and final quality checks. Maintain, update and improve specifications. Perform/check production material inventory control activities (i.e., cycle count/EOM checks). Supervise particle filling, packing, finishing and WIP manufacture, Purchased Material ordering, FG Inspection and Release. Create and maintain procedures/documentation pertaining to production and QC activities for the particle technology area. Conduct batch record audits and reviews. Other duties may be added as required by management.
- Supervise/perform raw material and Finished Good scheduling.
- Supervise, qualify and train others in particle production and QC checking procedures. Responsible for production throughput to ensure products are available for on time delivery as required to fulfill customer sales orders.
- May perform FG Production Technician duties as required.
- Supervise packaging maintenance duties including: filter changes, cleaning duties, bottle washing.
- Record non-conformances and rejections. Investigate inventory discrepancies and maintain computer inventory files.
- Prepare and post key Particle Technology group metrics.
- ISO training and education. Supervise the following functions: Preliminary and final product packaging including QC activities.
- Responsible for inspection of specialty purchased material incoming QC and non-conformance reporting.
- Write/maintain production area routes and work instructions.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Science or Engineering or 2-4 years experience in lead role for Production Manufacturing. Particle manufacturing experience preferred.
- Auditing skills are a plus.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), knowledge of QAD preferred.
- Good math and oral and written communication skills required.
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills with attention to detail.
- This position will supervise the Production Technicians, FG Packaging/Bottle washing Technicians.
- This position is responsible for the manufacture and receipt of all Particle Technology FG products.
- Normal office environment.
- Position requires frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 23 months ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000...