Liberty Home Equity Solutions, formerly Genworth Financial Home Equity Access is one of the nation’s leaders in the Reverse Mortgage industry. Our focus is to help change the lives of the seniors we work with. This is a growing industry and this growth leads to exciting career opportunities for enthusiastic and motivated professionals. We are looking for people who will take their roles seriously and professionally, yet who still want to have fun and enjoy what they do.
We are currently seeking a Senior/Lead .Net Developer to join the Liberty Home Equity Solutions business unit in Rancho Cordova, CA. You should enjoy being involved in any aspect of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment and be ready to take responsibility for assigned tasks from inception through deployment and maintenance with minimal supervision. You should have solid experience designing and implementing high performing, scalable and quality web applications, be an expert with modern software development practices and methodologies, and be able to provide estimates for development work (coding and miscellaneous development tasks). In addition you will be involved in strategic and tactical planning regarding the creation and enhancement of the applications being develop and you could oversee provide direction for the work of other .Net developers.
• Build and maintain application functionality for new and existing systems.
• Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle (design, implement, test, document and deploy).
• Work with development manager to ensure on-time, quality delivery of software products by managing scope, maintaining strict adherence to standards in both code and process during the development team’s portion of the software lifecycle.
• Work with project manager to plan and produce deliverables in a very short time frame.
• With minimal support, must be able to take an idea from creation through construction and launched into production with ongoing support and enhancements.
• Provide direction and serve as lead to other less senior .Net developers
• Maintain high standards of quality for code, documentation and other deliverables.
• Adhere to industry best practices and contribute to internal coding standards.
• Provide estimates for assigned development tasks.
• Learn and evaluate new technologies/tools as needed.
• Participate in peer code reviews.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• B.S. or M.S in computer science or equivalent certifications and experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a lead developer interacting with development management, business, and other managers in the software development organization.
• 9+ years of software development (web) experience.
• Excellent C# 4.0+programming skills, LINQ is required, Entity Framework knowledge is required (actual experience is a plus)
• Excellent ASP.NET 4.0+ skills.
• Strong Web Services skills including experience with XML; solid understanding of SOA concepts.
• Experience with AJAX and ASP.NET AJAX
• Strong SQL Server 2008 and T-SQL programming skills.
• Knowledge of source control tools such as Subversion.
• Well-versed in relevant methodology, processes, tools and technology standards and can effectively chose relevant parts needed for the project.
• Superior trouble-shooting and analytical skills in conjunction with a structured, systematic approach to problem solving.
• Ability to be flexible and work well with changing priorities.
• Strong class library design skills using Microsoft’s Class Library Design Guidelines
• Experience developing business applications for the mortgage industry (especially Reverse Mortgages).
• Experience developing with Telerik ASP.Net AJAX (MVC is a plus)
• Experience with the Mortgage Cadence enterprise lending platform or SalesForce.com.
Physical / Mental Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Collect, interpret, and/or analyze data and information.
• Light lifting (less than 25 pounds) of files, documents or equipment as required.
• Ability to operate a telephone, computer, and other office equipment for long periods of time (30+ hrs per week)..
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time .
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....